Tuesday, December 3, 2013
1. Wrap a sock or cloth around a ruler to clean thin, narrow blinds easily. This is especially good for metal blinds that are fragile and easy to bend. 3. To keep dust at a minimum, rub a fabric dryer sheet onto both sides of the blinds. This will not prevent dust but it will cut down on the amount of dust that clings to your blinds as well!
4. Slip socks onto both hands and rub between each blind - - this cleans both sides of the blinds quickly at the same time. You can also add cleaner to the mix to remove any debris--spray vinegar or a mild soap mix (can even be laundry detergent & water) onto the sock, then clean accordingly.
5. If blinds have been neglected and are very dirty, lay an old sheet or cloth under the blinds before cleaning. You do not want to transfer the dust and dirt from the blinds onto the floor - - then you have to clean the same dirt twice.
6. When you are vacuuming your floors, use the brush attachment to clean blinds. This is great for removing dust from hard to reach blinds in tall windows.
7. If your blinds are really dirty, use a paintbrush to clean them. You can dip the paintbrush into soapy water, oil soap or plain water for extra cleaning power. Make sure to use a dry cloth to remove excess cleaner and clean the brush often to prevent transferring dirt.
Hope that helps all of you as much as these tips have helped me! :)
Thursday, November 28, 2013
Fill a spray bottle with three parts vinegar to one part water and spray on your car windows at night. In the morning, they should be clear of any icy mess! Hooray for clean windows and getting to work on time :)
Wednesday, November 27, 2013
Untying a bow or ironing out creases can damage some ribbon (especially those that have stuck around for quite some time). Avoid both by storing bows intact: to make sure the loops don't crimp while in storage, cut cardboard tubes and wrap them with paper towels so that they fit snugly inside each bow loop. Store flat in a shallow box.
Tuesday, November 26, 2013
Here is a great tip for keeping your home smelling nice and fresh all winter long! Just sprinkle a few drops of VANILLA EXTRACT onto your furnace filter. Now everytime your furnace kicks on, you will get a blast of beautiful scent ;)
Friday, November 22, 2013
Here is the link to print out your own letters: http://www.shanty-2-chic.com/2013/11/printable-letters.html
And.......here is my creation for a Maternity Session this past weekend!
Let me know how you all made out and be sure to share your own photos on my page! :)
Monday, June 24, 2013
Create memories for your children or grandchildren by keeping the lights off at bathtime (just obviously be careful) and throwing glow sticks in the bath water! They light up the tub and room :)
My kiddos LOVED it tonight! <3
Saturday, June 22, 2013
Did you know if you spill nail polish, immediately sprinkle sugar on top and you can sweep the clumps right up!