1. Put frozen fish in a dish of milk to thaw. This improves the flavor and texture so that it tastes like fresh caught fish.
2. Facial Mask – milk has moisturizing properties that you can use for a facial mask. Prepare half a cup of milk powder then add a little water. Stir the mixture until you have a thick paste. Spread the milk facial mask on your face and leave it on for 30 minutes. Wash your face and rinse. Your skin will feel softer.
3. Dab milk onto mild sunburn for a cooling effect and will prevent further damage. Mix powdered milk with water and 2 pinches of salt. Apply to burn.
4. Boost the flavor of corn. Pour some milk in water and boil. Drop the corn in the boiling milk/water mixture. Leave it in the pot until the mixture boils. Cook corn for as long as you normally, would. You will notice a sweeter taste.
5.Makeup remover and face cleanser. Make a thick paste of powdered milk and water as a make-up remover. Rinse well after removing the paste.
6. Liquid milk cleans patent leather to a shine. Rub it with a little milk on a soft cloth. Allow to dry and then buff them.
7. Relief for Insect Bites – Milk, relieves the itch and swelling of insect bites. Make a solution of milk, water and salt, and apply it to the bites.
8. China Repair – fine cracks sometimes are repaired by boiling them in milk. The milk proteins, will react to the china then turn into an adhesive. Remember it doesn’t always work, but sometimes it does.
9. Furniture Cleaner and Polisher – Mix milk and lemon juice and you have an excellent furniture polish. You can add essential oil to the mix for a fresh scent.
10.Plant Cleaner – You can clean your plants using skimmed milk. It will clean dirt, sap and stains off of the leaves. Rinse it off of your plants after cleaning.